Sunday, December 21, 2008

Volleyball Regionals

The Wednesday following Thanksgiving weekend, I was off to Nome with my team for volleyball regionals. Twelve teams were competing for 3 berths to the state tournament. We got the third seed in the tournament, which meant that we had a bye in the first round. We beat the team that we played in the next round which meant that we were playing Nome, who was the host team as well as our rivals, in the semi-finals of the tournament. The winner of the game would automatically get one of the state berths. This game was a very big deal to my girls because Kotzebue had not been to state since 1995 in volleyball. Let me tell you, I don't remember the last time I was so nervous. In an awesome 5-game match we beat Nome and got our berth to state! We lost in the regional final to Barrow, but we were just as excited to get second place and go to state. Go team!!

I would post pictures, but all of my pictures have girls from my team in them, which I can't really post on the internet. I hope you can just imagine!

No comments: