Sunday, December 21, 2008
State Volleyball
After being home from Nome for just two days, I was off again on our final volleyball trip of the year... the State Tournament in Anchorage. (Now I hope that you are seeing why I have been so bad about blogging lately!) The girls started the tournament quite nervous. This probably has to do with the fact that we were the only team there who had not been to state in the last 10 years! We lost the first game of the tournament, and then won the next two which meant that we took 4th place in the state tournament. The highest placing volleyball team ever from Kotzebue! I was so proud of my girls. The great thing is that I am only losing two seniors, so we will still have a lot of talent next year. Although I will miss seeing the girls everyday, it will be nice to have those extra two hours everyday after school and to actually be home on the weekends. I know my husband will appreciate it! Michael has started basketball practice and his first tournament is over New Year's in Anchorage. My life calms down, and his picks right up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is awesome Kelly!! Congratulations! It brings back so many memories of when we took our kids to state. Fun times!
Post a Comment