Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in the Arctic

This Christmas, we decided to stay up in Kotzebue. Michael has a basketball tournament over New Year's, and so he had to stay in town for practice over the break. Although it was hard not to be with family and visit friends for the holiday, the weather in Seattle made us feel a little bit better about our decision because we probably wouldn't have made it home for Christmas even if we wanted to! We had a pretty low-key Christmas Day; Michael made cinnamon roles and we opened all of the presents that our amazing families sent up to Kotzebue for us. Here are some pictures from our morning:

Our big Christmas tree (borrowed from a friend who was not in Kotz for Christmas!)

And our baby Christmas tree from Nana and Papa:


Michael had a Christmas of socks (but, he needed them!)

My seal-fur mittens from Michael- my hands will stay warm!

Michael's new hunting gear:

My favorite Disney movies (I think I'm set!):


We are both off to Anchorage this coming week; Michael is going for a basketball tournament, and I am going to watch basketball, spend time with my friend Marilynn, and do some grocery shopping, etc. Marilynn and I even get to go to the spa on Friday (thanks Mom!). It has been a nice, relaxing break so far. I have definitely gotten caught up on all the sleep I lost during volleyball season!

No comments: