Saturday, August 4, 2007

Shipping!

Our adventure of moving to Alaska has officially begun! Well, sort of. On the morning of July 23, we loaded up almost everything that we have to our name, all of which fits in the back of a GMC Safari van. After only a few minor set backs, we shipped 30 boxes through USPS Parcel Post to Kotzebue, AK. Our hope is that everything will be there, mostly intact, by the time that we arrive in Kotzebue on the evening of August 7.


6 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow, Our exciting adventures of being adults in the "real world" has finally begun. I can't believe that you fit almost everything you own in the back of that van.

Unknown said...

Sad to say "so long" for now but excited to see you leaving for a another adventure. Have a GREAT time in Alaska making friends with the fish and bears. Hope to get up there to see you guys at some point.

-Dustin

Unknown said...

After moving Colin this weekend, I'm sure your friends are glad everything fit in the back of that van. To be honest, I wish everything I owned did.

Annie Ruden said...

Wow. I can't believe you guys are really doin it! I'm so glad you're going to have a blog so we can hear about your adventures. Good luck, hope everything gets there safely, including YOU TWO!
-Annie

Ty and Molly said...

I am pleasantly disappointed in you two... I've been picturing you living in some precarious looking dwelling, maybe like the hobbits, but instead you open the door to a great little apartment that has all the furniture in it! And you're on the ocean! I guess you are driving ATVs around instead of the indestructible Nissan... Looks like you two are having fun. Keep us posted. I like the pics. Mikey, you look right at home on the quad...

Pam said...

Oh, my, Kellie! You really made it to bush Alaska!!!! Your pictures sure bring back a flood of memories, though our houses were not quite as nice as yours.
How many people are in the village now? How nmany teaches from "outside?" It was very small when we were up there with only two teachers. What a wonderful adventure! Good for you guys! Love the blog!!