We have survived our first week of school! After working all last week and last weekend, and having the first week of school this week, we are definitely exhausted. But, it is really awesome to finally have kids in our classrooms. I have a class that is now down to 18 kids; I only have 9 of them for the morning, and then the rest come for the afternoon. (I have both 4 and 5-year-olds, so the 4's only come for half of the day). Although it does get a little crazy in the afternoon because the kids are so young, I don't really get frustrated because they are just so darn cute! Most of the kids in my class are native, a few of them are either in foster homes or in the children's home here in Kotz. They definitely need a lot of structure and a lot of love, because many of them don't get either at home. I have already had a few kids who fell asleep in the hallway before school or in the cafeteria during lunch because they aren't getting to bed until it gets dark outside, which right now is around midnight or so. Anyway, it's nice to have the first week under my belt... I feel like I have a little better idea of what's going one!
Here are some pictures of my classroom...


As soon as Michael takes some pictures of his room, we will put them up!
2 comments:
I love getting to read up on all you guys are up to. We are praying for you and know that the kids and community are blessed to have you guys! Love you!
How exciting! Welcome to the teaching world! I know that they are so blessed to have you!!
I love hearing about all that is going on.
Much love
Kel
Post a Comment