Volleyball season is underway! Last weekend, I took my team up to Barrow to play in a tournament. I have a solid group of returning girls, who are a ton of fun to work with, so I was super excited about this season. Going up to Barrow was our first test; Barrow is the defending state champion in volleyball, and they have a great volleyball tradition. Although they lost a few key seniors last year, I knew it would be a good test for our team. The team ended up passing the test with flying colors! We played Barrow once, and Nome twice over the weekend and ended up sweeping both teams and going undefeated for the weekend. What a great start to the year!
Here is a link to an article about our weekend:
http://www.thearcticsounder.com/news/show/7120
Next weekend we are heading to play in a tournament in Fairbanks against a group of 4A schools. Should be a great learning experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment