Friday, March 21, 2008

More Riding

We went out riding yesterday AND we remembered our camera! It was beautiful, sunny and 5 below, so we headed out with Kris, who is Michael asst. principal, and her husband Luke. They took us on a 65 mile ride (about 2.5 hours) out in the country. It is always amazing to us when we head out because we go just a few miles out and it feels like there are no people for hundreds of miles. We even got to see a small herd of caribou and a red fox- I would have taken pictures, but it is kind of hard when I'm driving 40mph on a snow machine! The amazing thing about Alaska is how much land here is so untouched, and we are lucky enough to get to experience it on a regular basis. Here are some pictures from the ride.

This is about 20 miles out of town:






Me, up close and personal (don't worry Mom and Nana, I wear goggles when we are riding)


Michael and I... you can't see my eyes because I had already put on my face mask when we decided to take a picture, and I just left it on.

March is quickly becoming our favorite month in the Arctic. The light is back, and its warm enough to go out and ride. Snow machining is sure addicting!

No comments: