Sunday, February 14, 2010

Apologies!

First of all, I sincerely apologize for being M.I.A. from the blogging world for the past, oh, 4 months. When we moved here 2 1/2 years ago, my goal was to do a post at least twice a month. I definitely failed at that! So, here is a quick recap of our past four months:

  • My volleyball team won our regional championship. It was Kotzebue's first volleyball title since 1992. We went on and competed at the State Tournament in Anchorage.
  • Michael's parents, along with my Mom, Lauren, and Anna met us in Anchorage for the State Volleyball Tournament. It just so happened that Anna's volleyball team at Seattle Pacific was playing against University of Alaska, Anchorage the same weekend as our State Tournament. What great timing! I was even able to take my team to watch her play. Such an awesome weekend with family!
  • We hosted a Thanksgiving of about 25 people at our place. We had an insane amount of food, which was awesome. It was the next best thing to spending Thanksgiving with our family... we spent it with our Kotzebue family instead.
  • We spent Christmas up in Kotzebue. We did a lot of sleeping and watched a lot of Christmas movies. (And yet, I was still unable to blog during that time... don't ask.) We missed our families, but it's always nice to just spend time together.
  • Michael is not coaching basketball this year (WOO HOO) so he has spent a lot of time over the past few months getting out on his snow machine, hunting, and just enjoying life in Alaska!
  • Here we are, halfway through our 3rd year in Kotzebue, and still loving life in the Arctic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you really on your 3rd year? I can't believe it has been that long! Thanks for the update, it is great to see you are both doing well and staying as active as ever. We are really excited to see you guys this summer!