Friday, February 27, 2009

The REAL Arctic Blast 2009

When I said last week that we had the best blizzard I we had ever experienced, I was only able to say that because we had not experienced this blizzard yet! This is the 4th blizzard that we have had in the last 1 1/2 weeks; 2nd in the last 2 days. But, it's the Arctic, so what do we expect?! School was actually canceled yesterday for the first time in at least 10 years (but, teachers had to go in at 11am when the storm cleared). Today, the storm began around 10am and school was dismissed early. This storm is bringing about 6 inches of snow, which is blowing at 40-50mph, with gusts up to 60. We literally cannot see past our front porch. You can imagine what our walk home from school was like; I couldn't see anything but white for about 99% of the walk. We would walk by a light pole that we knew, or a sign that we remembered, which was the only reason we made it home! So, we decided to show you how crazy it is outside. Here is a video for you to see (or not see) what it looks like outside:



So, who wants to move to the Kotzebue?!

No comments: