Mom loading up the car:
The car, full to the brim:

USPS only allows boxes to weigh 70 lbs in to mail; so here I am waiting to use the scale at the Post Office to make sure the totes are under 70 lbs:
70 lbs sounds really heavy, but when you have a ton of canned and packaged food, in can add up quickly!
My mom thought it was really funny that there were so many groups of people standing in the parking lot boxing up food, etc., to send off to various places in the bush. So, she took pictures:
USPS only allows boxes to weigh 70 lbs in to mail; so here I am waiting to use the scale at the Post Office to make sure the totes are under 70 lbs:
My mom thought it was really funny that there were so many groups of people standing in the parking lot boxing up food, etc., to send off to various places in the bush. So, she took pictures:
Of course, while I was in Anchorage, I had to enjoy some perks of being in the city. Here is Marilynn and I enjoying our lattes:

Anna and Mom trying on Marilynn's huge Arctic mittens:
Of course, the best part of the trip was getting to see Anna play volleyball. Being so far away, it was so special for me to even get to see her. I was so proud of my little sis, who is starting as a Freshman on the SPU team... it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!

It was a fabulous weekend getting to spend time with good friends and family. I got back to Kotz on Sunday, and volleyball practice for me started on Monday.
Here we are after the game (outfits were not planned):
It was a fabulous weekend getting to spend time with good friends and family. I got back to Kotz on Sunday, and volleyball practice for me started on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment