Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Freeze Is Coming!

Now that the high daily temperatures are right about at freezing, and the lows have been in the teens, the freeze-up is officially coming. There is a small pond in the middle of town that you can actually walk all the way across. The ocean is also starting to freeze along the sandbars; there is no other way to describe it than CRAZY! These pictures are from the "lagoon" which leads out to the ocean:






Surprisingly, our bodies are quickly adapting to the weather. Although we have most of our cold weather gear, we haven't really had to use it yet. We usually put a coat and a hat on, and maybe some mittens and we are just fine. It hasn't been very windy the past few days, and the wind is what really cuts through all of the layers of clothing. But, even though we are adjusting, we still have a long way to go! The coldest we have felt so far is around 15 degrees, and the lows in the middle of the winter get down to 60 below with the wind chill. I can't wait to see what it will be like! We will keep you updated at the process continues.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I can't imagine snow already! What fun! I love hearing how you guys are doing! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I think that person needs to pull their boat in before it is stuck there- pass the message on to them in case they forgot!